Tuesday, January 26, 2010
A little about me!
I am a student at SJSU majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Business. I will be applying for graduation this semester for either Fall '10 or Spring '11. I want to continue my education by going to graduate school to earn a masters in Intercultural Communication. I feel that communication is not only important, but also necessary. Understanding and appreciating different ways people communicate will give insight into who they are. I love learning about different cultures, including my own. I also work part-time in Banking and enjoy meeting new people. I hope to one day travel the world (I'm getting started) and experience different cultures and habits. I would like to share my experiences in an eclectic book or journal to inspire people to learn about other cultures, beginning with how they communicate with one another. Language is a beautiful vessel and it's fascinating that so many different languages exist in the world! In my previous Communication courses, I have studied many theories and applied them to everyday life. I love learning about communication and its many aspects, including theories. My favorite courses I have taken so far are Communication 101C with David P. Terry and Communication 173F, Intercultural Communication (my main focus) with Professor Gao. I hope to take everything I learn in this course as well with me! In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, reading, working, and spending time with family and loved ones. I like different music and I will only watch a scary movie during the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Bella!
ReplyDeleteThat was a really good first post! I took that Comm 173 class with you and I know you did really well in it - good job! You will make the Grad Studies people proud! :)
Rina
Thank You Molly! I definetely appreciate your help in the course as well, I enjoyed having you in my group and continuing to post responses on my papers! Your input/proofreading was very useful to me!! You will make the Grad Studies department proud first! Good luck in all your future endevors :)
ReplyDelete